What is a Septic Tank Cleaning?
When we talk about septic tank maintenance, two concepts are often confused and perceived as the same thing. These are Septic Tank Cleaning and Septic Tank Pumping.
These are two different procedures that need to be performed regularly to have a properly functioning septic system. But above all, to better understand their meaning, we will explain what a septic tank is and what happens inside it.
A septic tank is an underground chamber made of concrete, fiberglass, or plastic through which domestic wastewater flows for primary treatment. When the wastewater enters the septic tank, the treatment and purification processes begin.
First, the beneficial bacteria that live in the septic tank break down nutrients. The other waste is divided into three layers. The top layer is called the scum and contains all the fat and light solids. The thickest layer is formed in the middle. It is a fluid known as effluent. And at the bottom of the septic tank, all solid particles settle, forming the so-called sludge.
When thick sediment of solid particles and wastewater accumulates, it is time to seek professional help. In this case, professionals must perform the routine procedures Septic Tank Pumping and Septic Tank Cleaning.
Septic Tank Pumping is the removal of liquid and part of the floating solid particles. On the other hand, Septic Tank Cleaning is a process that removes wastewater and compacted sludge from the bottom of the pit. It means that the septic tank is completely emptied.
Septic Tank Cleaning and Septic Tank Pumping need to be performed regularly. The frequency of this procedure depends on several main factors:
- Type of septic system – in standard septic systems, cleaning is performed every 3-5 years. In some alternative systems, the procedure must be performed once a year;
- Size of the septic tank – the larger it is, the more often it must be pumped;
- Number of people living in the house;
- The amount of water that you will consume.
BOOK SEPTIC TANK CLEANING AT TEL: +18883627782
But to be sure how often you need to pump and clean your septic tank, we advise you to contact a licensed company. It will do an inspection and give a professional assessment of the current condition of your septic system.
When talking about Septic Tank Cleaning, there are a few things that can interfere with cleaning:
- Irregular pumping of the septic tank will make it difficult to clean. It is due to heavier and thickened sludge, which is difficult to remove. With regular pumping, this cannot happen because most of the solid particles are removed;
- Heavy tangled roots can prevent the septic tank from being cleaned. It is one of the reasons why you should not plant trees and any other vegetation above and near the septic tank and drainage field;
- If the cover size of the septic tank is small, likely, the hose will not be able to enter and perform the procedure. Make sure the lids of your septic tank are broad enough so as not to interfere with cleaning;
- Partition walls in the septic tank. Very often, the owners of septic systems do not know if their tank has one or two compartments. It is good to check this to avoid possible problems and improper cleaning of the septic tank.
In any case, it is best to contact a professional company to help and advise you in septic system maintenance. It will save you many issues and help you better understand how your septic system works.
- Septic System Inspection is the first step in maintaining your system. Whether you need cleaning, pumping, or repair, we will first inspect your septic system and perform a detailed analysis to assess its current condition. In addition, we will plan the frequency of Septic Tank Pumping and Septic Tank Cleaning;
- Septic Tank Pumping is an essential procedure that should be performed regularly. Based on the inspection, our specialists will assess the frequency of pumping. In most cases, it is performed every 3 to 5 years, depending on the size of the septic tank, the number of people living in the house, and the amount of water you use;
- Septic System Repair – bad odors, wet spots, bubbling are common signs of a problem with your septic system. In case you see any irregularity, you will most likely need to have a Septic System Repair;
- Septic Tank Maintenance is the complete maintenance of the septic system. It includes Inspection, Septic Tank Pumping, Septic Tank Cleaning, and Septic System Repair. It is crucial to building a routine to maintain your septic system and consult with specialists if necessary.
Who does the service- experience, background, specialty?
The septic tank and the whole septic system have their specifics and require precise attention in their maintenance. That is why licensed technicians must perform the Septic Tank Cleaning with the necessary knowledge and experience. In addition, the procedure requires special equipment and facilities, thanks to which the service can be performed qualitatively.
In this regard, we advise you to trust a professional company. We at Fresh Clean Septic have the necessary knowledge and specialized equipment to perform Septic Tank Cleaning. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals who have many years of experience inspecting, pumping, maintaining, and repairing various septic systems.
Why you need a Septic Tank Cleaning?
Regular Septic Tank Cleaning prolongs its life, helps the efficient operation of the septic tank, and prevents possible problems. When you regularly clean your septic tank, you ensure the proper operation of the drain field.
Neglecting the septic system and lack of regular maintenance can cause enormous damage. It involves repairing some part or replacing the entire septic system, which can cost a lot of money.
Take care of your health.
Improper performance of Septic Tank Cleaning poses risks to your health. When wastewater is not effectively treated and treated, it remains polluted. It leads to pollution of drinking water.
Many harmful bacteria and viruses live in wastewater. If ingested, they can lead to serious bacterial and viral infections, including hepatitis.
Care for nature
When wastewater goes through all the necessary processes, it flows into groundwater, where the soil absorbs it or flows into rivers and lakes. If your septic system does not work properly, the wastewater will continue to be contaminated.
In this way, the water basins and soils are polluted, whole ecosystems are destroyed. And all this can be massive damage to the environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do I need Septic Tank Cleaning?
The frequency of Septic Tank Cleaning depends mainly on the size of the septic tank, the number of people living in the house, and the amount of water you use. Therefore, contact Fresh Clean Septic for a consultation.
How long does septic tank cleaning take?
The duration depends on the size of your septic tank as well as its condition. Contact our team for more information.
How much does it cost?
Prices for Septic Tank Cleaning vary depending on the size and condition of the septic tank. Contact us so we can give you the information you need.
How to request a quote?
You can request a quote through the contact form on our website or call the numbers listed.
Do you offer regular septic tank cleaning?
Yes, we at Fresh Clean Septic offer regular septic tank cleaning and related services – inspection, pumping, maintenance, and repair.
Do I need to do something before the arrival of your experts?
Before our team’s arrival, it is necessary to prepare your As-Built, which is a drawing of your septic system. It will help us quickly understand its location. It is also a good idea to give us free access to the septic tank and drainage field.
What happens if I’m not happy with the service?
In case you are not satisfied with the provided service, you can contact us. We are there to meet your needs and will do what is necessary.